Cookies are used on to present some functions. Press the “I agree” button to get the most out of your experience. Read more about cookies

Från den 12 maj 2021 fungerar inte vår webbplats med din nuvarande webbläsare Internet Explorer. Uppgradera till en nyare webbläsare för att använda vår webbplats. Läs mer på sidan Rekommenderade webbläsare.

Go to the page menu Go to the page content

Running a business


There is plenty of support available for setting up a business in Sweden. is a collaboration among several Swedish government agencies, for you who are considering to start, are starting, already are running or are developing a company.

About Verksamt

At, the authorities gather the Employment Services, the Swedish Companies Registration Office, the Swedish Tax Agency and the Swedish Agency for Growth - information and e-services that you will be able to start or run companies to benefit from.

About Verksamt on Verksamt´s website


I am considering starting a business in Sweden. What do I have to bear in mind?
This section tells you more about some of the requirements you must meet before starting your business in Sweden.

Considering starting a business on Verksamt´s website


I have decided to start a business. How do I go about it? Use our step-by-step-guides to get started.

Start a business on Verksamt´s website


I am running a business. What's the best way for me to do it? Everyone who runs a business activity can apply for an approval for F-tax. This signifies that you are an entrepreneur who is responsible for paying your own taxes and contributions.

Running a business on Verksamt´s website

Employing staff

On becoming an employer you must register with the Swedish Tax Agency. You are required to report and pay employer contributions and deduct income tax for your employees.

Employing staff on Verksamt´s website

Professional qualifications

Your Europe

If you want to work in another EU country and your profession is regulated there, you may need to get your professional qualifications (training and professional experience) officially recognized before you start practicing in your host country.

Professional qualifications on Your Europe`s website

The Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR)

The Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR) evaluates foreign qualifications in order to provide support for people looking for work in Sweden, people who wish to continue studying, or for employers who wish to employ someone with foreign qualifications.

Recognition of foreign qualifications on UHR's website

The Swedish Tax Agency

Electronic staff registers

Here is important information for you about new requirements concerning staff registers.

As of 1 January 2016 there have to be electronic staff registers at many building sites. A staff register is a list of the people working at a building site and when they start and end their work periods. The purpose of staff registers is to counter black work and promote sound competition in the construction industry.

Electronic staff registers on the Swedish Tax Agency´s website
Was the information helpful? Yes No
Back to top