Cookies are used on to present some functions. Press the “I agree” button to get the most out of your experience. Read more about cookies

Från den 12 maj 2021 fungerar inte vår webbplats med din nuvarande webbläsare Internet Explorer. Uppgradera till en nyare webbläsare för att använda vår webbplats. Läs mer på sidan Rekommenderade webbläsare.

Go to the page menu Go to the page content



Being insured in Sweden means security for anyone who falls ill. Foreign employers should inform their employees that they must register with the Swedish social insurance agency, Försäkringskassan.

Försäkringskassan is the authority in Sweden that decides on and pays the compensation that is included in social insurance. If you are insured in Sweden, you can receive financial compensation if you fall ill for example.

You must register with Försäkringskassan if you intend to work in Sweden but are not registered as a resident of the country. The same thing applies if you are a Swedish citizen but have lived abroad and are now moving back to Sweden. Försäkringskassan investigates whether you are to be insured in Sweden or in another country. If you are insured in Sweden, you can receive compensation from Försäkringskassan at the times you cannot work due, for example, to illness or an injury.

Foreign developers and contractors should encourage their employees who work in Sweden to register with Försäkringskassan.

Was the information helpful? Yes No
Back to top