Vår webbplats fungerar inte med din nuvarande webbläsare Internet Explorer. Uppgradera till en nyare webbläsare för att använda vår webbplats. Läs mer på sidan Rekommenderade webbläsare.

Reload page
The page needs to be reloaded because you were inactive for a long time.
Go to the page menu Go to the page content

Försäkringskassan investigates your insurance in Sweden


Health and social insurance in Sweden are collectively run by Försäkringskassan, the state agency for social insurance. Foreign employers should direct their employees to register with Försäkringskassan if they work in Sweden.

Försäkringskassan is the authority in Sweden that decides on and pays the compensation that is included in social insurance.

This insurance covers health care and pays wages after two weeks of illness or injury. Försäkringskassan also manages payments for parental leave. 

People are required to register with Försäkringskassan if they work in Sweden but are not registered as a resident in the population register.

Was the information helpful? Yes No
Back to top