A brief description of the profession / competence
The energy expert draws up energy declarations for buildings and / or performs the inspections needed to verify that society's requirements for energy conservation and thermal insulation are met.
Certification may be submitted for N Competence for simple buildings and K Competence for complex buildings.
In order to be qualified the applicant must have general technical knowledge from a completed relevant technical training.
For N and K qualifications, documented experience of at least five years of practical work in the construction or property management industry is required, of which at least two years shall relate to work closely related to energy use and indoor environment for the building category to which the competence qualification relates.
The applicant must be suitable for the task.
For competence N, the energy expert shall have the following competence regarding simple buildings:
- knowledge of various indoor climate factors that affect human health and perceived comfort, measurement methods for the indoor climate factors and how results from these are evaluated based on current functional requirements and regulatory requirements, and knowledge of the method descriptions of the Swedish Radiation Safety Authority regarding radon measurements and measures to reduce radon content.
- knowledge of structural engineering regarding climate shell and building framework
- knowledge of existing building materials and how they are handled during alteration or maintenance and where special emphasis should be placed on environmentally hazardous waste
- knowledge of systems, with respect to the year of construction, for heating, ventilation and tap water, including function, structure, components and control methods
- knowledge of heat generating units, such as boilers, heat pumps and solar collectors, and district heating plants
- knowledge of the functioning of systems for building, household and business electricity, and knowledge of distribution calculations of electricity consumption
- knowledge of the factors that form part of a building's energy balance in terms of external conditions, user behaviour, climate shell and installations
- knowledge of measurement and interpretation and evaluation of the measurement results for the factors in the energy balance, and knowledge of the distribution of measured energy for heating, comfort cooling, domestic hot water and the building electricity
- knowledge of the possibilities, obstacles and risks in implementing energy efficiency measures with regards to indoor environment and moisture resistance
- knowledge of energy savings calculations of different measures and ranking them based on their cost efficiency
- knowledge of relevant computer software to calculate a building's energy use
- knowledge of using at least one of the software in paragraph 11 and being able to assess its accuracy in relation to the accuracy of the input data
- knowledge of how to use the National Board of Housing, Building and Planning’s tools for electronic transmission of energy declarations
- knowledge of how cultural heritage and architectural values of buildings can be influenced by various energy efficiency measures; and
- knowledge of the environmental impact of different energy types
For competence K, the energy expert must have expertise corresponding to the requirements above but for complex buildings. In addition, the Energy Expert for competence K should also have the following:
- knowledge of relevant parts of the Planning and Building Act (2010:900), PBL, the Planning and Building Ordinance (2011:338), PBF, and National Board of Housing, Building and Planning’s Building Regulations (BFS 2011:6), BBR
- knowledge of the Act (2006: 985) on energy declaration for buildings, the Ordinance (2006: 1592) on energy declaration for buildings, National Board of Housing, Building and Planning’s regulations and general advice on energy declaration for buildings (BFS 2007: 4), BED, and this regulation
- knowledge of National Board of Housing, Building and Planning’s regulations and general advice on functional control of ventilation systems (BFS 2011:16), OVK
- knowledge of relevant parts of the Environmental Code (1998:808) and the Cultural Heritage Act (1988:950) and the relevant regulations and regulations issued under these laws
- knowledge of relevant sections of the Work Environment Act (1977:1160) and the relevant regulations and regulations issued under this Act
- knowledge of the purpose of Directive 2010/31/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 19 May 2010 on the energy performance of buildings
- knowledge of relevant European standards issued by CEN in relation to directive 2010/31/EU
For competence K, the energy expert shall also have knowledge of the Regulation (2007:846) on fluorinated greenhouse gases and ozone-depleting substances, the EC Regulation on f-gases (EC No 842/2006 on certain fluorinated gases) and the EC Regulation on ozone-depleting substances (EC no. 1005/2009 on substances that deplete the ozone layer).
How to get your qualifications or education from another EU or EEA country assessed and validated
Foreign education and professional experience will be assessed and validated by the Swedish Board of Housing, Building and Planning, Boverket, which will then issue a decision on recognition of professional qualifications.
After receiving Boverket's decision on recognition of professional qualifications, the applicant can turn to an appropriate certification body, which examines the other prerequisites for certification.
The application is sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org